Make a donation

Author Topic: New here from Glasgow  (Read 1824 times)

Offline RC84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
New here from Glasgow
« on: December 08, 2014, 02:47:55 pm »
Hi guys,

My name is Ross and I'm from Glasgow up in sunny Scotland. I've been looking for the right car for a while now but struggling to find the one lol.

I was going to register once I had bought the car but seen a few decent cars on here and a few bits and pieces so I thought I'd be better being signed up.

Can't wait to find the car for me and hopefully speak and meet a few of you guys along the journey.

Cheers :happy2:

Offline H18Golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: New here from Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 09:28:02 pm »
Welcome mate from another Scottish member.

Take your time in getting the right car, took me 7 months to get 'the right' car.  I was fussy on colour mind you.  Keep an eye on here, eBay, gumtree and autotrader and you'll soon be in your new GTi.   :happy2:

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 11:03:49 pm »
Welcome m8. Am from dumbarton. Good luck with finding a car.

Offline RC84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 11:06:18 pm »
Thanks mate :smiley:

Hopefully something will come along soon enough. I've been looking since the end of September so as you can imagine its starting to get a bit frustrating now!

I've been looking on all you mentioned there, I think I could give you the reg no of every single one on them :signLOL: I'm also trying golf gti forum and edition38 forums, pistonheads etc etc etc

I'm really looking for something that has been well looked after, hopefully with a few mods. I'm the same as you the car has to be quite specific but the specs/trims etc are so random it's hard to find the one that has the lot. I'm looking for red, black or possibly white. 18" monzas or pescara, Maybe an edition30 at the right price. Has to be full leather(in great condition), manual, not really fussed on 3 or 5dr to be honest but really deep down think I'd prefer a nice 3dr. And if I'm really trying to be lucky id like an upgraded oem rns510 already fitted.

I've been hoping the right car would "come along" if I held out but it's proving harder than expected!! Am I asking for too much? I just missed out on Simons red GTI on here when it was for sale and still to this day it's the best car I've seen advertised as u can clearly see from the advert it was clearly cherished. The mileage was just a bit high for me but I
it had all the mods including the little ones I would want to do to mine but unfortunatly wasn't in a position to buy then. Win some you lose some I suppose.

The hunt continues lol.......

Offline greigforsyth

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 05:00:35 pm »
I'm from just outside perth mate, seems to be a few scottish members these days. I was the same as you, spent a while looking for the right one. But my list was probably easier to come by! Colour didn't really fuss me apart from didnt want Blue. Completely standard, looked after and decent miles, and 3 door. Came across my Reflex Silver a couple of months ago, with all of the abov apart from it has a few more miles than I would of liked! But I love it none the less! Wanted one un molested so I can do it all myself

Offline RC84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 04:08:49 pm »
Guys, can anyone help me get in contact with user "matthewsimon" about his car for sale as I'm looking for some more details and I'm interested.

I can't PM or reply on the thread due to being the noob round here. I've tried his email address twice this week but with no reply.

Or if your reading this Matt contact me ross_connolly_uk@yahoo.co.uk or 07701 036 315. Cheers

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 02:33:44 pm »
good luck with finding the perfect car!

I'm from Glasgow too and have an edition 30 :) couldn't recommend one enough!

Offline RC84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 03:18:14 pm »
good luck with finding the perfect car!

I'm from Glasgow too and have an edition 30 :) couldn't recommend one enough!

Nice one, cheers :happy2:

Offline niw

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 01:45:40 pm »
Can recommend a Golf  :notworthy:

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 01:20:42 am »
Welcome mate, I would recommend getting an Edition 30 good luck with you're search! :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR